25 June 2021
As part of our LGBTQ+ Pride Month events, today is our official Pride Day. There has been a lot going on this month including:
- PSHE this month has been focused on the themes of Relationships, Prejudice and Discrimination.
- Following an initial meeting to gauge interest our students are now running a weekly LGBTQ+ Club to support our school community.
- Students have been working with the Art Department to create themed bunting for our student foyer. It looks really fabulous and there are some very creative designs on show.
- Students have also been enjoying reading extracts and stories from Juno Dawson's Young Adult anthology, Proud. As well as being exposed to lots of new writers, our young people are reading and enjoying artwork produced by members of the LGBTQ+ community and learning about the repression of those voices in schools in the past.
- Our library is an inclusive, caring and welcoming environment for all students. Our Librarian Ms Smith has pulled together a large selection of LGBTQ+ and Wellbeing books and put them on display.
- Plus, we are working towards receiving our Stonewall School Champion award.