Cleeve Park is committed to actively promoting British Values throughout the curriculum, both inside and outside of the classroom. We understand British values to mean democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our students are encouraged to:
- Understand how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process
- Understand that the freedom to hold other faiths and beliefs is protected in law
- Have an acceptance that people have different faiths or beliefs to oneself (or having none)
- Be accepting and tolerating of others, and should not be the cause of prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour
- Understand the importance of identifying and combatting discrimination