Charitable Giving at Cleeve Park School
Each year the student body is encouraged to raise funds for good causes. Some of this is for participating in specific fundraising events and other funds are raised throughout the year which are then donated to a selected group of charities. These charities are nominated by students, staff and parents on behalf of charities they are involved with. Then a small group of students decide, along with Mr Dodsworth (School Charities Coordinator), which ones will be selected for that year.
September to December 2012
From the general fund £200 was donated to each of the following organisations:
Kings College Hospital – Parent request (Year 9)
Ellenor Lions Hospice – Staff request
Demelza House – Pupil request
- The British Red Cross – Pupil request
- Smile International –Overseas pupil request
- British Kidney Patient Association
Students also raised the following:
- £104.31 - Concern Worldwide Bake-A-Difference, £100 - GOSH - Funds raised during Open Days by Yr7 and 6th Form Food Technology students baking muffins to sell to visitors.
- £119.45 - The Poppy Appeal
- £25.00 - Mary's Meals 10K Fun Run
- £60.00 - GOSH Festive Poster Appeal
- £40.00 - Nsumbi Trust - A Christmas Paper Chain fund raiser by the Library